Sunday, June 13, 2010

WORLD CUP



The World Cup began last week and it's been amazing. Yesterday was the first USA game. They played against England, (also a favorite team of mine.) I was sooo excited to watch and had no one to share my excitement with. My sweetheart was at work, my kids sleeping, and my family not answering my phone calls, (maybe they knew why I was calling and were in hiding!) This was definitely a moment where I sorely missed my little bro Kevie! Minutes before the game started, Diego woke up from the dead to watch with me. At last, someone with some understanding of the enormity of the situation at hand.


We played amazingly! Our Keeper, Tim Howard (his picture is above), was so fun to watch. At one point he was kicked in the ribs, (most likely severely brusing or breaking them,) and did he leave, no he did not, he stayed and stopped almost everything that came his way. England is by far the better team, but once again the US showed that guts can sometimes result in a VICTORY....ok, so actually we tied. But in my book, that is a victory!


1 comment:

  1. Dave and the boys watched also and was just as excited as you. He said that the last goal the USA made was a little miracle shot. He couldn't believe they didn't stop it. And he was so glad they didn't. So he was cheering with you in spirit!

    I am so excited to see your blog. I love you tons and can't wait to follow your every move. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete