Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grief




Grief is tiring.



The heaviness in my heart crushes me. I'm stagnant, still, unable to move without enormous effort. Gravity pulls on my extremities, dragging my limbs downward as though ball bearings have been slipped under the skin of my fingers and toes. My blood is sludge, it stops and starts through the body. Not fluid; almost solid.



My mind has stalled. I watch as a visitor as I make my way through the day. There, but not really. I dress, look, act normal. Others see me; sense something is wrong, stay away. I am an outsider. I am transparent. If I pull inside myself farther, longer, I may disappear.




I grieve. For what I don't know: my sweet cat, my sister far away, my sister gone these two years. Or for the unknown future and the possibility of losing someone else I love.



Today...I grieve.



Tomorrow...I hope to live.

5 comments:

  1. That was beautiful...even sad stories are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Your writing is beautiful. I could feel every word. Now I just have to stop crying too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described my grieving heart so perfectly. thank you for sharing in such a beautiful way. Thank you for helping me put words to the way I am feeling. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog looks nice!
    warm greeting from Font Lover

    ReplyDelete